** The 42th (Y2021) JASTA SSTV Activity Contest Rules **
We are in the midst of COVID, but we will hold a contest again this year for our STAY HOME.
We look forward to your participation.
From August 1st 2020 (00:00 UTC) to August 31 (24:00 UTC)
3.5MHz and all upper bands.Use Only frequencies which are authorized by each individual station license.
In addition, operation near 14.230MHz is prohibited in the 20m band. Please participate in the JASTA contest by operating around 14.330MHz. If it can be determined that many complaints have been violated, it will be treated as "disqualification".
3. Categories of Entry:
a) "J" Category (Japanese only): Japanese domestic stations
b) "S" Category(DX station): All stations operating outside of
Japan. If a Japanese station operates outside Japan, this will be considered a DX contact.
Exchange the usual RSV plus a progressive QSO number starting with 001 which should be displayed in the picture exchange. Regardless of bands used, a station may only be worked once each UTC day .
If possible, during the exchange, include one's own face picture or some kind of illustration. QSO points authorized by bands.
3.5-28MHz ... 1 point
50-430MHz ... 2 points
1200MHz & upper ... 3 points
Work all Japanese callsign districts(JA1-JA0 total 10) + DXCC Entities worked. Use DXCC List. Do not count Japan as a DXCC country + Number of days on the air. (10 days at the maximum
even if a
station operates more than 10 days)
note:Prefix 7K-7N's are all JA1 area
The final score is computed by multiplying the sum of the QSO points by the sum of multipliers as described in Paragraph 5.
7. Contest awards:
1) A PDF(electric) award will be sent to the 1st, the 2nd and the 3rd Score of each sections. But when the number of stations are less than 10, awards will be sent to the 1st place winner only.
2) New face certificate will be sent to the 1st of new comers. so please annotate your summary sheets “new Comer” " on summary sheets.
3) YL(XYL) certificate will be sent to the 1st place YL(XYL) stations.
4) PDF award will be sent by e-Mail to each winner from JASTA.
Summary sheets and Log sheets should be arranged and mailed to the Contest manager. Email contest Summary sheet and logs to: JASTA Contest Secretary ja2hyd(at)jarl.com The log should be in a text file format. Email (text format) summary. Both Summary and logs should be forwarded to
By using MMJASTA.exe included in MMSSTV, you can easily create submission Summary and Log.
Assure you station callsign is in the e-mail subject line. ADIF/cabrillo format summary and log are acceptable.
9. Deadline for log entries:
Log entries must be received by September 10th.(UTC)
1) All Amateur Radio stations who has a license to transmit SSTV signal.
2) Output power: Up to maximum power officially authorized by the operators class license .
3) Both B/W and Color Picture QSO are accepted.
4) A contest QSO should be one station to one station QSO. Round table style QSO’s between multiple stations will not be counted.
5) Cross band QSO will not be
counted as a contest QSO.
6) All the QSO; JA to JA station, JA to DX station, DX to DX
station will be counted and accepted as contest QSOs.
11.JASTA Contest Results:
12.The Contest Manager and Mailing Address :
JASTA Contest Secretariat Toshi JA2HYD
JASTA logo & sheets down load
LOGO mark down load
Log sheet down load
Summary sheets format down load